- 1 Containter (150z) whole-elk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar – maybe a tsp more if consistency is too wet
- 2 tables granulated sugar
- 1 Tsp finely grated organe or lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 box pie of refrigerated pie crusts
- 3 tables turbinado (raw) sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- additional powdered sugar
- Preheat 425
- Lightly flower work surface. Unroll pie crust and sprinkle turbinado sugar and cinnamon (I premixed mine together) over curst then use a rolling pin over the top of pie crust to press the sugar/cinnamon into the dough. Use a 2 1/2 round cookie/bisquit cutter to cut out pastry rounds. Press each pastry into ungreased mini muffin cups.
- Bake crust for 10 min. Allow to cool.
- Prepare filling by beating all ingredients with an mixer until creamy. Place into gallon zip lock bag. Refrigerate until ready to serve
- When ready to service snip corner off of bag and fill cups. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips. Dust with Powdered sugar.
- Another tip is dip tips of cups into melted chocolate!!